The United Party of Canada Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The United Party of Canada Forum

Become a Building Block towards Success!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

UPC Orientation

Go down 
2 posters

What Orientation should UPC be?
Center Right - Authoritarianism
UPC Orientation I_vote_lcap0%UPC Orientation I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Center - Authoritarianism
 0% [ 0 ]
Center Left - Authoritarianism
 0% [ 0 ]
Center Right - Libertarianism
UPC Orientation I_vote_lcap50%UPC Orientation I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
Center - Libertarianism
UPC Orientation I_vote_lcap13%UPC Orientation I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
Center Left - Libertarianism
UPC Orientation I_vote_lcap37%UPC Orientation I_vote_rcap
 37% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Lord Julian Moretti

Lord Julian Moretti

UPC Orientation Empty
PostSubject: UPC Orientation   UPC Orientation Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 4:56 am

So i took a look at all the parties in Canada today and realized that they are all Center Libertarian or Far Right. To stand out i think we should change our Orientation slightly. When i took command of the Canadian Nationalist Party, i envisioned a party for the people without being communist. I don't know if that has changed but none the less i keep asking myself, where this party is headed.

Here is a breif overview of what they all mean:

Totalitarianism

Totalitarianism is a term employed by some scientists, especially those in the field of comparative politics, to describe modern regimes in which the state regulates nearly every aspect of public and private behavior.

Most critics of the concept say that the term lacks explanatory power. They argue that governments that may be classified as totalitarian often lack characteristics said to be associated with the term. They may not be as monolithic as they appear from the outside, if they incorporate several groups, such as the army, political leaders, industrialists, which compete for power and influence. In this sense, these regimes may exhibit pluralism through the involvement of several groups in the political process.

Authoritarianism

Authoritarianism describes a form of social control characterized by strict obedience to the authority of a state or organization, often maintaining and enforcing control through the use of oppressive measures. Authoritarian regimes are strongly hierarchical.

In an authoritarian form of government, citizens are subject to state authority in many aspects of their lives, including many matters that other political philosophies would see as erosion of civil liberties and freedom. There are various degrees of authoritarianism; even very democratic and liberal states will show authoritarianism to some extent, for example in areas of national security. Usually, an authoritarian government is undemocratic and has the power to govern without consent of those being governed.

John Duckitt suggests a specific link exists between authoritarianism and collectivism. He claims that in both cases individual rights and goals are subjugated to group goals, expectations and conformities. However, many of those supporting collectivism who are critical of the collectivisation which took place in the Soviet Union in the 1920s and of the Communist tradition thereafter, claim to include various degrees of voluntary and consensus politics as a basis of collectivism, and argue that collectivism is the opposite of authoritarianism.

Libertarianism

Libertarianism is a political philosophy that upholds the principle of individual liberty.

Broadly speaking, there are two types of libertarians: rights theorists and consequentialists. Rights theorists hold that it is morally imperative that all human interaction, including government interaction with private individuals, should be voluntary and consensual. Or, to state it another way, they assert that all persons are the absolute owners of their own lives, and should be free to do whatever they wish with their persons or property, provided they allow others the same liberty. They maintain that the initiation of force by any person or government, against another person or their property—with force meaning the use of physical force, the threat of it, or the commission of fraud against someone—who has not initiated physical force, threat, or fraud, is a violation of that principle. They do not oppose force used in response to initiatory aggressions such as violence, fraud or trespassing.

Consequentialist libertarians, which are best known in academia, do not have a moral prohibition against "initiation of force," but believe that allowing a very large scope of political and economic liberty results in the maximum well-being or efficiency for a society. They maintain that a limited government is necessary for the advancement of these goals. This type of libertarianism is associated with Milton Friedman, Ludwig von Mises, Friedrich Hayek, and James M. Buchanan. Some writers who have been called libertarians have also been referred to as classical liberals, by others or themselves. Also, some use the phrase "the freedom philosophy" to refer to libertarianism, classical liberalism, or both.

Libertarians favor an ethic of self-responsibility and strongly oppose conscription and the welfare state, because they believe coercing someone to provide charity and military service is ethically wrong, ultimately counter-productive, or both. Apart from some very basic principles favoring personal freedom and free markets, there is not a canon of "official" libertarian beliefs. Libertarians may disagree with other libertarians over specific issues. For example, they may differ over abortion issues, and some support the U.S. invasion of Iraq while some oppose it. There is a distinction between a libertarian and a member of a Libertarian Party, the latter of which would be called a Libertarian with a capital l, as not all libertarians agree with any particular libertarian organization's platform.

Libertarianism is most popular in the United States where it was the political philososophy advocated by Thomas Jefferson and several of the Founding Fathers. Polls show that 10 to 20 percent of voting-age Americans have libertarian views.

Anarchism

Anarchism (from Greek αναρχία, "without archons," "without rulers") is a political philosophy encompassing theories and attitudes which reject compulsory government and support its elimination, often due to a wider rejection of involuntary or permanent authority. Anarchism is defined by The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Politics as "a cluster of doctrines and attitudes centered on the belief that government is both harmful and unnecessary."

There are many types and traditions of anarchism, not all of which are mutually exclusive. According to one reference, "there is no single defining position that all anarchists hold," beyond their rejection of compulsory government, "and those considered anarchists at best share a certain family resemblance. "Anarchists hold different views as to the economic organisation of society; some favor libertarian communism, collectivist anarchism or participatory economics while others support free market systems like mutualism, agorism, or anarcho-capitalism. Anarchist schools of thought may differ fundamentally, supporting anything from extreme individualism to complete collectivism.

Source: http://www.erepublik.com/en/article/-rl-erepublik-political-ideologies-894011/1/20
Back to top Go down
http://www.wix.com/enveracomics/ecs/
Chewytaz

Chewytaz

UPC Orientation Empty
PostSubject: Re: UPC Orientation   UPC Orientation Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:30 pm

do we have to be center?

also this doesn't do much but it's just a pointless feature
Back to top Go down

UPC Orientation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The United Party of Canada Forum :: Announcements and Polls :: Polls-
Jump to: